Below are service provider updates for the community in response to COVID-19. To update or add to the information here, please send your updates to email@example.com.
Additionally, this is a constantly evolving situation so many providers are updating information on their websites and on social media.
- Caritas hours of operation for food will be Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Any homeless walk-ups will receive a pre-bagged allotment from a table outside.
- Caritas staff will expedite the client data collection process in order to facilitate provision of food services in a more timely manner. Only a minimum of documentation will be required for clients to receive food orders.
- Families may receive food assistance once a month with the exception of the homeless population who may be served once a week (such individuals cannot store food and have limited access to cooking facilities).
- Caritas says because the food distribution is outdoors, it may be suspended during periods of rain.
- Individuals are encouraged to call Caritas at 254-753-4593 before coming if the weather conditions appear to make food distribution questionable.
- Food recipients must line up their vehicles along the Mary Street side of the Caritas building (watch for cones that will outline the path to be followed). Those wanting to go through the drive-through should approach Caritas using Mary Ave. between S. 16th and S. 15th Streets.
- Recipients must remain in their vehicles at all times unless otherwise directed. Caritas staff, using social distancing methods, will come to each vehicle, will register the occupants to receive food and will then place food items in the trunk of a car or bed of a truck. Food will not be placed in the cab of the vehicle. Recipients must empty their trunks and/or truck beds prior to coming to Caritas. Those who have not emptied them will be asked to exit the line and return at a later time when the trunk/bed has been cleared.
- Individuals who are homeless or who have no vehicle will be served by Caritas staff who are stationed adjacent to the drive through area.
- Departments closed include the Bellmead Thrift Store, Voucher Store, and Volunteers
- Departments with limited services:
- Case Management – Phone Conferencing Only
- SNAP/Federal Benefits – Phone Conferencing Only
- For more information on Caritas of Waco or how you can support its community efforts, please visit www.caritas-waco.org or call 254-753-4593.
The Cove has temporarily suspended in-person summer programming for the next two weeks (7/6-7/17). At this time, they report they do not need volunteers, hygiene items, or food supplies.
If you are in need of assistance with rent or mortgage payments because you have been affected by COVID-19 due to job loss and reduction in income, please go to https://www.eoacwaco.org/community-services/city-of-waco-rental-assistance/ to learn more about the City of Waco Rental Assistance Program that EOAC Waco is operating.
- Facilities still open for people to access email and to work on anything job search or education related.
- We have laptops spread throughout our classrooms and training rooms for optimal distancing, we also have limited to computer lab to no more than 8 users.
- We are also sanitizing after each one-on-one appointment or participant computer usage.
- Open to the public to assist or allow anyone into our facility or to use our restroom.
- Portable hand washing station is located outside of the Hanger.
- Moving to begin serving outside as of 3/23.
Heart of Texas Region MHMR & PATH
- Heart of Texas Region MHMR is suspending open access to services at the Clifton Street Clinic for the foreseeable future. MHMR adult mental health screenings at Clifton Street Clinic will be conducting screenings with clients by appointment only. To make an appointment with the Admissions Unit please call the main number at 254-752-3451.
- The PATH Team has suspended outreach and will be providing case management services. To reach PATH, call 254-297-7734.
McLennan County Hunger Coalition –
Please visit the Hunger Coalition website for a McLennan County Food Resource List at http://www.mclennanhunger.org/updated-mclennan-county-food-resource-list-now-available/.
- Go to http://missionwaco.org/mission-waco/ to get up to date updates
- Meyer Center Summer Services Handout
- MBK COVID-ERA Eligibility Criteria: Nightly screening at MBK 6:30-8:30pm
- As of 5/8/20, we expanded who is eligible for MBK program to include either 1 or 2, AND must also pass screening for #3 and we also began accepting RSOs again.
- The individual seeking shelter must have proof that they have been in McLennan County for the past 30 days. This can be done by having a TX ID/DL with a city within McLennan County on the ID/DL, an HMIS # showing consistent services from any HMIS provider within the county and/or some official documents showing residence in McLennan Count (lease, jail, hospitalization etc.)
- TX ID for McLennan County
- HMIS card or numbers AND have consistent services for the past 30 days.
- Consistent Services definition: in HMIS service history (average of 1 services per week for past 30 days to current date). Monitor will check HMIS to review service history (and if needed, consult with a case mgr if there are questions/nuances about meeting the criteria).
- If participant has neither a TX issued ID or HMIS ID card, then look up the participant in HMIS by name, and ask them for Date of Birth and last 4 digits of social security number to verify you have correct person.
- If participant doesn’t have TX issued ID or HMIS ID card or number – AND he/she says they are a McLennan County resident – THEN get the person’s name and contact info and forward that to the case mgr to be reviewed the next week day. The person is not allowed in the shelter until case manager has cleared the person.
- If none of the above, then the person is not eligible to receive services.
- No COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature of 100.4 or higher (taken with MWMW thermometer).
- If any symptoms, must have negative COVID-19 test result dated within last 24-48 hours.
- If person hasn’t been tested, then intake monitor contacts MWMW case manager on duty for further direction regarding temporary housing while awaiting testing and results.
- As of 5/26/20 – additional eligibility: If resident is from outside McLennan County — AND – if pass symptom screening 6:30-8:30pm at MBK – THEN — allowed 1 night emergency shelter.
- Can be extended 2 extra nights with case manager approval.
- Staying out back in cots, or if bad weather then inside with “sheet wrap” around bunk.
- All fees will continue to be suspended on a month-to-month basis.
The Salvation Army
- Only services being provided at this time will be their food pantry, community kitchen, and shelter
- Pantry will operate on M-W from 8:30am-12pm
- Community Kitchen hours will remain the same. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served in a “to go” style meal.
- Residents that are staying in the shelter will be allowed to stay in the shelter during the day with a monitor being present.
- As openings in the shelter present themselves, we will take on new residents.
- People not staying in the shelter will still be allowed to shower during the evening time designated for visitor showers.
- For the time being, will NOT be providing clothing vouchers (store is closed), rental assistance, or making utility payments.
VA Medical Center
- All VA programs are restricting community visits.
- The VA is still seeing patients, but is recommending Veterans call providers before coming as a walk-in.
- Homeless Outreach staff are still working on the VA Medical Center campus and are available by phone at 254-297-5222.
- Updates can be found at https://www.wacoisd.org/covid19.
- Waco ISD is in need of volunteers who can take food, supplies, and school work to students who cannot get to meal sites or their campuses to pick up learning packets.
- Breakfast: 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Monday – Friday, until further notice
- Lunch: 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, until further notice
- Bledsoe Miller Community Center 300 N. Martin Luther King Blvd, Waco, TX 76704
- Calvary Baptist Church 1001 N. 18th A Street, Waco, TX 76707
- Doris Miller Family YMCA 1020 Elm Street, 900-I, Waco, TX 76704
- Estella Maxey Place 1809 J.J. Flewellen, Waco, TX 76704
- Highland Baptist Church 3014 Maple Avenue, Waco, TX 76707
- Kate Ross Housing Authority 937 South 11th Street, Waco, TX 76706
- Meadowbrook Baptist Church 1207 N. Old Robinson Road, Waco, TX 76706
- Lake Shore Baptist Church 5801 Bishop Drive, Waco, TX 76710
- Park Lake Drive Baptist Church 3701 N. 27th Street, Waco, TX 76708
- South Terrace Community Center 2615 S. 12th Street, Waco, TX 76706
- St. Louis Catholic Church 2001 N. 25th Street, Waco, TX 76708
- Waco Family YMCA 6800 Harvey Drive, Waco, TX 76710